Saturday, October 11, 2008

Where in the world is hack?

On Tuesday, leaving the last of the voter reg project in Philadelphia, I drove to our training in VA. En Route, I got a call asking me to 'take a break and stay flexible'. I stopped with a friend in DC at 8:30pm. Watched the debate, drank beer, got a call telling me I was going to Denver, then a 2nd call telling me I was going to Columbus. Bought a ticket, slept a few hours, flew to Columbus for the training on Wednesday.

Helped run a big training, got all the people out and almost all of them housed and on to flights, cars, trains, etc.

Found out yesterday midday where I was placed.

Now I'm in Cleveland, overseeing GOTV in
Mansfield, Youngstown, Athens, Canton, and Toledo.

Vann: what is GOTV?
me: Get out the vote.
Vann: ah.
me: Only the assholes of the earth for this guy.
Vann: what will you be doing at GOTV?
Sent at 11:54 AM on Saturday
me: I'm driving around to canvass offices making sure that we're recruiting enough people, training them appropriately, and paying them correctly. I'll also probably canvass some, train some people, etc.

Only good times ahead. Getting on Greyhound to Toledo tonight.

No comments: