Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sandwiches...

...are an important part of my life.

This afternoon at home I'm sans wife. She's in Miami, setting up more voter reg offices. Meanwhile, this week, I'm opening my fourth office in PA. I've moved a swell fellow who works with me here in MN in to my living room to help with the rent.

She'll have dinner with my cousin, who also lives in Miami. In retaliation, this morning I made omelettes. I carmelized red onions (which she is allergic to), apple slices (thin) and minced garlic, and made toast with good blueberry jam. I didn't offer her any. But I thought about her a lot.

More waiting tomorrow to see if my new budget is approved so I can go back out on the road. Been at home for two weeks; before that I'd not been home for more then a weekend in about 3 months. As my wife and others I know join the election fray for the first time and start the 24/7 time commitment, in the meantime, I'm here at home. Eating sandwiches, riding my bike, seeing my friends, reading books. I'll be back out there soon enough, as soon as there's money freed up, but in the meantime...

I think this is why people re-enlist.

No comments: